Sunday, June 04, 2006
Champaign Makes Me Happy
Thursday, May 25, 2006
How to be Sexy and Cool
Friday, May 19, 2006
Is Your Home Toxic?
Asthma is a serious health condition claiming more than 5,000 lives each year.
- More than 75 percent of people with asthma have allergies; 90 percent of children under 16 with asthma have allergies.
- More than 50 percent of all allergic diseases are caused by indoor allergens.
- 20.3 million Americans reported having asthma in 2001. 6.3 million of those were under the age of 18.
- In 2000, there were 10.4 million asthma-related outpatient visits to private physician offices and hospital clinics (4.6 million of those were under the age of 18).
"Evidence suggests that poor indoor air quality may be a more likely trigger of childhood asthma than outdoor pollution," said Dr. Ian Greaves, environmental medical specialist and consultant to the American Lung Association Health House program.
The unsafe use of many common household products can cause many undesirable health effects. Click Here to read the full article
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Chronic Degenerative Health Problems
Examples of these are:
- High cholesterol
- Chronic Fatigue
- Weight Management
The Medical & Drug Industry prefers to call these "Deseases". It suites their purpose which, as you already know is to find cures which take the form of prescription drugs. You see if it is not a desease then why would you need a cure? The ironic thing about all this is that prescription drugs, like hazardous chemicals have critical negative side effects one of which is that they combine with what little nutrients remain in our ingested food, in the digestive track forming compounds that are not bio-available hence speeding up the degenerative process. In other words "Mi belly Full but ah hungry". So the physical urge for food is satisfied but the body still does not get what it needs so a very powerfull force kicks in called "cravings". Have you ever felt yearning for something to eat but can't figure out what? Have you been through the refrigerator late at night looking for that elusive something that never seems to be there? You try this, thats not it! you try that, thats not it! This goes on and on until finally you are stuffed and disgusted and you still haven't found what you are looking for. I have been there and I have done that too many times and seen and felt the results. My mom use to tell me I was a pig, plain greedy and for a while I believed that. Sucker! That I was for a while until the light started to come on in my dark room. Now I know better and if you get nothing else from these post but this one truth you will be well on your way towards better health. knowledge is power. Cravings is the bodies way of driving you to give it want it needs and the more depleted food you give it the stronger the craving (driving force). So we have what we call:
You have choices:
1) You can for whatever reason you choose to do nothing about this situation and hope that you don't travel down that road and when you do you will fall into the waiting arms of the medical & drug industry and be administered prescription drugs whether you like it or not. Needless to say you will have to deal with the negative side effects. This is a very vicious circle. For some a unavoidable compromise as a result not taking the necessary action in time.
2) You can try going the cheape way and purchase supplements from the grocery store or other outlets that requires shelf life. The compromise here is bio-availability for shelf life. So these companies choose to treat these supplements to give them shelf life which in effect creates what nurses popularly know as "Bed Pan Bullets". These are whole vitamins that goes right through the digestive track and pops out intact. Not to mention the fact that most of these brand name supplements have very little if any of the necessary nutrients anyway. Why waste anyway when you already know nothing will be absorbed.
3) Your third choice requires some duedilligence on your part. There are a few companies out there that have built their reputation around providing real value in the market place. They base their future sales on satisfied customers who have achieved actual quantifyable results. Your job is to search these companies out and put them to the test repeatedly! And having done so your obligation is to spread the word. Believe me this is a wonderful cause that carries great rewards. Some of which you may already be desperately seeking without much success. You may choose to begin your duedilligence by
Got to run more on this in my next post which will be sooner!!!!
Friday, December 09, 2005
Navigating The Minefields
The deck is really stacked high against us in our effort to live healthy pain free lives. Its almost like navigating a minefield today, we never know when we are going to step on a mine and be blown to smitherenes. If you are reading this and thinking to yourself what the heck is he talking about, then you have work to do. Information is power, its the first step towards the solution to the problem. the next step would be to take the necessary action to take back our stolen future. So lets begin by understanding whats happening to us and why.
We all have something really wonderful we have taken for granted and for the most part fail to appreciate. Its called our 'body' and frequently we have subjected this miracle to all manners of abuse. Imagine I were to give you a dull blade, no food, no water and forced you to cut the grass by hand on a neglected football field. You would no doubt think I have lost my mind yet this is exactly the kind of austerity we subject our bodies to day in day out. allow me to explain. Our body has a miraculous ability to heal itself and fend attacks from bacterior, viruses and free radicals, providing we give it what it needs, the where with all to do so. In a nutshell this is called proper nutrition. This has become a major challenge today even for those who are willing to put forth the effort. The problem is the source of our food has been depleted thus compromising the nutritional content of the food. In addition the food is processed for storage and shelf life and further processed for consumption (microwaved). Hence by the time this food reaches our digestive system much of the nutritional content our body needs is has been destroyed. As if thats not bad enough today we live in a society infested with hazardous materials and toxic chemicals that have become our bedfellows as a result of corporate greed. So no wonder we have all these health challenges today. our detox systems are overloaded and our bodies are struggling desperately in deprivation unable to get what it needs to fight and constantly driving us to eat more. No wonder we have a serious problem managing weight today. Today weightloss has become a trillion dollar industry.
discoveries reveal a method you can use to lose almost a pound
of body fat per day without drugs, without hunger, and
energy like a kid in a playground. By Mark Joyner Best Selling Author
Friday, September 16, 2005
Physical Wellness And Preventitive Healthcare
- We can do nothing, indulge in momentary pleasures and progressively deny our bodies necessary nutrients to prevent the chronic degenerative conditions that are so common today. And when we get sick fall into the welcoming arms of our so called health care system of hospitals doctors and pharmaceutical companies and be administered prescription drugs whether we like it or not. Play now and pay later.
- Or we can empower ourselves with the knowledge, take the reins and make the necessary lifestyle changes and joint ventures we need to ensure a long healthy, painfree, productive life in the midst of a chemically infested society plagued by degenerative health problems. Pay now and play later.
The choice is ours and I have come to realize proactively that this is a lot simplier and easier than it sounds. Like everything else its all about understanding the basics and with that foundation applying an important concept called leverage. There are a few companies out there with much more money than we can ever dream of having, that are spending mega bucks on research in the physical wellness and desease prevention arena. These companies make this research available to us as a means of validating their products. The savvy companies choose to manufacture and market products that puts them in front of Megatrends one of which is today, undoubtedly, preventitive health care, The Wellness Industry. Taking advantage of this is leverage. So its up to each of us to do our due dilligence. The rewards, vibrant productive painfree living,vigorous health, clear minds etc etc etcYou may choose to begin your duedilligence by